WHERE WE CAME FROM:
The Mental Health Support Network was formed by the Ministry of Health in 2001 as a part of Mental Health Restructuring. This agency was designed to be the umbrella organization for consumer/survivor initiatives in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. The drop-in centres that had operated throughout the counties under the former Quinte Homes, as well as Club Freedom, a clubhouse operated in Belleville under the former Community Mental Health Program, were both incorporated into this new agency.
Our GUIDING PRINCIPLES are:
- To represent and respect consumer/survivor input.
- To be adaptable to the needs of the consumer/survivors and the communities within H + PE.
- To empower consumer/survivors in all levels of the organization.
- To provide a basket of services based on South Eastern Ontario Mental Health Implementation Task Force recommendations.
- To provide equal access to services.
- To operate in a transparent fashion.
- To represent the input of those who support consumer/survivors.