The Mental Health Support Network South East Ontario Corp. is funded by
the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care through the South East Local
Health Integration Network. Our agency provides support and services within
South East Ontario to people who are experiencing Mental Health issues and seeking Peer Support as a ways and means of managing and working toward being well. We are Non-Judgmental and Non-Disclosing which means that;
We focus on people’s unique strengths & abilities.
We invite anyone 16 years of age or over, to access one of our 8 Support Centres. You may wish to self-identify that you are experiencing a Mental Health issue, however we do not seek out that information. As well, MHSNSEO’s Peer Support Staff strive to live out the many principles of recovery which includes acceptance and tolerance and therfore we are not in the position to judge. Since we have been there, we know what stigma is and what we are striving for is acceptance.
Recovery opportunities available on site through:
- Peer Support
- Social/Recreational Opportunities
- Regular Support Groups
- Educational Opportunities
- Resources/Computer Access
- Laundry facilities
- Nutritional Lunch Program
||Please visit the Support Centres Calendars drop down tab at the top of the page to see whats specific groups are available at each location
Our Guiding Principles are:
- To represent and respect the input from those who access Peer Support.
- To be adaptable to the needs of the communities within South East Ontario.
- To empower people who are experiencing Mental Health issues at all levels of the organization
- To provide equal access to services, inclusive of French language services.
- To operate in a transparent fashion.
Our Core Purpose & Values:
“to be with people who are living with a mental health challenge to support them in being as well as they can be.”
We remain ADAPTABLE by:
- Appreciating the need to be flexible in all that we do
- Being inclusive and reaping the benefits of diversity
- Recognizing the inherent worth of each individual and
creating an environment in which each one’s gifts and
experiences are valued and where they may be freely
and honestly shared
We EMPOWER one another by:
- Insisting that support is defined by the individual
- Being models for others in all that we do
- Respecting the right of each individual to choose his/her own
path to wellness
We strive to CONNECT with people by:
- Being non-judgmental
- Encouraging everyone to just be who you are
- Meeting people where they are at
We build strong COMMUNITY by:
- Providing Peer Support/Staff Support to each other
- Cultivating a true sense of team and community
- Being compassionate